Monday, June 20, 2005

My Job

.....Is possibly the most boring pointless and inane occupation ever... I work in telesales for a large international publisher. It's 10.30 now and I have been to the toilet 5 times, surfed the internet, answered my phone and posted on a 'why EastEnders is crap' forum ;-) The office is like a morgue today - most normal people are either on holiday or have taken the proverbial hot weather sickie - now why didn't I think of that (!)

You may well ask - why do I stay in this abyss of mediocrity? Well, it pays the bills, the commission isn't bad and there is absolutely no stress involved at all. Also, I'm not getting any younger (but then who is) so if I want kids in the next year or so there could be worse places to get a big maternity package from!

My job is so intolerably pointless that this is probably the only post I will make about it as any readers may well fall asleep listening to all this interminable drivel! If you hate your job, or if you have any comments to make about the job world at all, then please post here - I would be interested to read all your thoughts.

My dream job would be journalism. One of my icons is Julie Burchill. The woman can be an attention seeking retard but bloody hell she can write! I don't always agree with what she says but I love her style - vicious, malicious and delicious! I even bought her book on Diana, Princess of Wales (who I'm ashamed to say I loathed) and that was all good rant material!

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz in Utah said...

Ha-you sound like my hubby talking about his job!

1:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home